Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thoroughly Impressed

Last night I found myself alone around dinner time. I was especially in the mood to cook and had no intention of eating cereal or making scrambled eggs. I looked around and found lots of fresh veggies and decided I was going to make a veggie panini wrap. It was easy to make and you can put whatever you would like in it.

I first started by grilling zuccini and red pepper on a grill using the stove (you could use a regular grill, or simply cook your vegetables in a pan with a little big of olive oil.


I also cut up some avocado, fresh mozzarella cheese and got out pesto, fresh (locally grown) greens, and 100% whole wheat wraps.


I spread some pesto on the wrap and added all of the other ingredients. I folded in the sides and placed the wrap on the grill. To make it "panini" like, I placed a baking sheet on top of the wrap, followed by a heavy can of soup to press it down, to substitute for my lack of a panini maker. 



It took a couple minutes per side. I cut in half and served with Michigan grown strawberries. I must say I was thoroughly impressed with my meal for one.



Other Ideas: I would have loved to grill up some mushrooms or add tomatoes to the panini wrap. If you want to make a "real" panini, use ciabatta bread or other thicker loafs.

No comments:

Post a Comment