Monday, July 25, 2011

"Everything tastes better over an open fire."

Please forgive me for the lack of posts last week, I took the weekend to relax and the rest of the week to reorganize. As I mentioned last week, I went canoeing and camping last weekend in Roscommon with some amazing friends. We had a blast and although we did more floating than canoeing it was fun to get a different type of exercise from the normal gym routine.


I also cannot say that we ate particularly healthy but we did eat delicious food all weekend. The second night we made "Campfire Hobo Dinners" and they were delicious. We took ground meat, potatoes, veggies, onions, and a little bit of cheese and butter, wrapped it all up in tinfoil and cooked them over the fire. It is true that everything tastes better over an open fire.


Caryn also made scrambled eggs using a plastic bag and cooking them in boiling water. I decided my new favorite camping food was "egg loaf".


We really did have a great time, and our last day we spent at South Higgins lake and enjoyed just relaxing at the beach. I think we played monkey in the middle for a good two hours in the shallow water.


I found this recipe for campfire bananas and it looks delcious. You can even make it "healthier" by using almond butter, and dark chocolate. I wish we could have tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment