Monday, May 23, 2011

Conquering Middle Earth

In high school, during cross country and track season I had issues with my hip flexors. I went to physical therepy for nearly a year and during that time I learned how important it was to have strong core muscles to support my legs and hips as well as my upper body. I love finding new abdominal exercises with the hopes that I will feel the tired burn in my midsection the next morning. Like other weight training exercises, it is important to change up your routine by varying the movements/weights/repetitions ect. because your body is efficiently adapting every time you workout.

In addition to strengthening exercises, your diet plays a huge role in slimming and strengthening your midsection. Sugar and enriched carbohydrates diminish the amount of visible muscle due to bloating from these foods. Instead eat lean proteins, vegetables and whole grains!

I am going to introduce you to some of my favorite abdominal workouts with the next several posts and hopefully you can alter your abdominal routine using some of these exercises!
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment